A Statement from the UCR Sociology Department Faculty
We, the faculty of the University of California, Riverside Department of Sociology, stand united against police brutality and racism targeting communities of color and especially Black Americans. This is our message to the community that we are opposed to any form of systemic violence and injustice. Recent murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Nina Pop, Tony McDade, and many more before, are deeply painful, inhumane, and outrageous. We share the grief and outrage of our community and recognize that it is our uttermost mission to confront all forms of violence, oppression, and discrimination.
To our undergraduate and graduate students, we stand in solidarity with you. Please reach out to us if you need support or guidance.
The faculty of the UCR Sociology
UCR faculty research spans the whole spectrum of sociological inquiry, from micro-dynamics of human identity and emotions to larger processes involving social institutions, corporate organizations, and global social structures. Our current and emeritus faculty includes one of two UC sociologists to ever receive the distinction of University Professor, multiple Distinguished Professors, former presidents and vice presidents of the American and Pacific Sociological Associations (PSA, ASA), former editors of official ASA journals, ASA section chairs and council members, among other noteworthy titles. Our faculty is also incredibly productive. The most recent NRC data on publications, citations, grants and awards ranks UCR sociology second among UC sociology departments.
Training graduate students for successful careers as scholars and teachers is at the core of our mission. The graduate program at UCR grants doctoral degrees, and allows students to earn a Master’s degree along the way. To provide our students with state of the art training in the field, the faculty recently approved an updated graduate curriculum. The program provides strong training in sociological theory and methods, as well as depth in any two of the department’s seven areas of specialization: Criminology and Socio-Legal Studies, Gender Studies, Organizations and Institutions, Political Economy and Global Social Change, Race and Class Inequality, Social Psychology, and Sociological Theory. We prioritize hands-on training in sociological research, and provide many opportunities for collaborative research between faculty and graduate students. Please see the links on this page for more information.
GTA5免费领取7天，海豚加速器开启免费加速助阵:2021-5-15 · 正在免费加速的海豚，能智能判断用户归属地 ，一次加速就能和国内、国外玩家战局都能流畅玩，保障你的 GTA5 游戏体验。 【来源：官方】 关于 百 ...
Please see our most current newsletter to read more about UCR Sociology.
UCR Sociology in the News
- Professor Sharon Oselin was awarded The Fund for the Advancement of the Discipline from the American Sociological Association and the National Science Foundation for her project on sex work and gentrification.
- Professor Victoria Reyes won a Silver Medal in Region – Australia/New Zealand, Best Non-Fiction Book for Global Borderlands from the Independent Publishers Book Awards.
- Professor Victoria Reyes received an Honorable Mention, Distinguished Book Award from the ASA Sociology of Law section for 国外免费加速器手机版
- Professor Victoria Reyes received a Mellon Emerging Faculty Leaders Award from the Woodrow Wilson Foundation.
- Professor Tanya Nieri was interviewed in UCR Magazine about cultural understanding and appreciation in her sociological work.
- Professor Steven Brint’s article “Can We Fix the College Inequality Problem?” is published in The American Prospect.
- Professor Steven Brint’s book, Two Cheers for Higher Education, is referenced in New Yorker in an article by Louis Menand.
- Professor Steven Brint’s book, 有什么加速器永久免费的 - Sogou:2021-9-4 · 完全免费的就三个： flashwind 简单加速器 99宿舍 免费试用的就很多（其实也就是免费的，不妨去试一下）： 奥智加速器(3天vip，可重复申请) netpas网络加速器（免费5小时，可重复申请） 天宇加速器（试用7天，可重复申请） 优路加速器 55dns网络 ... is among Forbes Ten Best Books of the Year in Higher Education.
- CloudFlare免费CDN加速使用方法 - 知乎:2021-10-5 · 前言cloudflare 是一家国外的 CDN 加速服务商，还是很有名气的。提供免费和付费的加速和网站保护服务。百度云加速的国外节点就是和 cloudflare 合作使用的 cloudflare 的节点。 cloudflare 提供了不同类型的套餐，…Annex Sociology Podcast about her research on neurosociology.
- Professor Richard M. Carpiano was interviewed on Annex Sociology Podcast about his research on public attitudes towards child undervaccination.
- PhD student, Allison Monterrosa featured in Inside UCR. She has received a 2024-2024 American Dissertation Fellowship from the American Association of University Women.
- Professor, Lucie Kalousová won a Neuron Award for Young Talented Scientists in the Czech Republic for her research into the relationship between social inequality and health.